Program for August:
Aug 03: Ronald Hurst, "The Renovation and Expansion of the DeWitt Wallace and Abby Aldrich Museums"
Aug 10: Michael D'Alessandro, Club Treasurer
Aug 17: Jimmye Laycock, Football Coach, William & Mary
Aug 24: Mitchell Reiss, President & CEO, Colonial Williamsburg
Aug 31: No Meeting (Labor day Weekend)
The Rotary Club of Williamsburg number 5848, Area 11 within district 7600m zone 33, and
chartered on October 18, 1924.
See us now on Facebook.
August 17, 2017: Jimmye Laycock, WM Football Coach
On August 3, guest speaker Ronald Hurst talked about "The Renovation and Expansion of the DeWitt Wallace & Abby Aldrich Museums. His presentation to the Williamsburg Rotary attendees addressed one of the many challenges museums face in a world dominated by social media. Shown above is Club Past President Chuck Hobson presenting Hurst a certificate indicating that the club donated a children's book to the Williamsburg regional library in his name in appreciation for his presentation.
On August 10, Mike D'Alessandro, Club Treasurer, presented the treasurer's report and led a discussion about our financial situation. Tom Morris, Frank Ferrante, and Candy Hamilton explained the District/Global funds.
Meeting Schedule for August 2017
Aug. 3: Ron Hurst: Vice President & Chief Curator at Colonial Williamsburg
Aug 10: Mike D'Alleasandro, Treasurer of Williamsburg Rotary
Aug 17: Jimmye Laycock: Football Coach at William and Mary
Aug 24: Mitchell Reiss, President of Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
Aug 31: No Meeting
New Officers: Sibilla Dengs (president), Peter Mellette (president-elect), Wade Quinn (program chair), Mike D'Alessandro (treasurer), David Kent (secretary).
New on the Board will be Will Hummel and Don Murfee who will be replacing Roger Jones and
Frank Ferrante, whose terms end this year. All other positions will remain as listed on our website.
Mike D'Alessandro, our Club Treasurer, has indicated that email quarterly dues notification have been sent. If you have not received it or would like to change your email address, please email
Mike. Please pay dues as soon as possible so our cash flow is balanced. Dues are due within
30 days of the invoice sent. Thank you.
Foundations Supported Annually by Club Members:
(1) Williamsburg Rotary Foundation (WRF) - The WRF is building an endowment that will deliver an annual funding for our club's local grants that our members request in support of local charities. Club members are encouraged to voluntarily donate at least $25 (minimum) each quarter with their dues invoice ($100 p.a.)
(2) The Rotary Foundation (TRF) - The mission of TRF is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through theimprovement of health, support of education, and alleviation of poverty through District, Global and packaged grants. TRF awards grants from funds that have accumulated from donations. The funds are returned to our district after three years to support annual grant requests, whether local or global. We also encourage donations annually to TRF of amounts no less than $25 per quarter (minimum.
3) Message on Global Grant (Vocational Training) under review:
(Global Grant # GG1749568: Title "National Emergency Medical Services Training Program for Rwanda.") For an update, please call Frank Ferrante
QUEEN OF HEARTS:
Come join the fun....in Queen of Hearts
For a complete list of programs go to http://www.williamsburgrotary.org. While you are online, don't forget we have an active FaceBook page.
If you visit our FaceBook site, you can offer enthusiastic comments how to improve our club meetings. Tell your friends and neigbors about the site. This may help us in expanding our membership!
THE FOUR-WAY TEST
Test of the things we think, say, or do:
1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIP?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
"In this new Rotary year, we all have a new chance to change the world for the better, through
Rotary serving Humanity."
Rotary International President Ian H.S. Riseley
Welcome all to our Williamsburg Rotary Club's web site. If you are visitors and have questions concerning Rotary, please don't hesitate to contact me using our "contact us" menu item.
We would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
President, The Rotary Club of Williamsburg
NEW LOGO AND THEME FOR 2017-2018